Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

DIY Menu planner


This menu board was inspired by many menu board's i've viewed on Pintrest! My favourite by far was this one from ThinkingCloset and it take's most of the credit for the brilliant idea!

I needed something that would save me money(less waste and buying thing's I don't need) and time(no more wandering around the supermarket not knowing what to buy). Yes I still have to think about Lunch time's & Breakfast, but I usually base those meal's around what we have left lying around or cereal, toast etc

So how i did it?

What you need.
  • A magnetic white board
  • Magnetic peg's/Clothe's pin's (sometime's in the cooking section no idea why)
  • Material to cover the board
  • Mini cereal boxes for the boxes.
  • Pretty paper to cover the boxes
  • Stick on letter's
  • Fabric glue
  • Pretty ribbon for around the outside
  • Letter's (I just cut out pretty paper)

This project can seem quite costly if you don't already have the thing's you need, but if you're a crafty person you will use a lot of the stuff in future project's. Mine worked out at around £14.38 but i have a lot of craft bit's left over! That i have already used for other thing's. I know for sure you could get these thing's cheaper online I was just being Impatient! :)




Firstly go and buy all the thing's you need.



Cover the magnetic whiteboard with the fabric, Make sure to buy the right mesurement's mine was a tiny bit short after ironing but I fixed it by adding the pretty ribbon. 
Stick on using the Fabric glue.


Cut you're boxes to 'desired size'.
Measure and cut paper to size and stick with PVA/Craft glue.


Decide how big you want you're menu card's mine were 5cm.


Cut to size.



Make a list of all the food's you eat regularly, and add Food's you would like to eat.
I added the list of ingredient's on the back to make shopping easier at the beginning of the week.


Stick the Sticker's on the magnetic Pegs/Clothepins & put it all together!


Voila, Tell me some of you're brilliant idea's for organizing you're weekly menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment